Every business owner, regardless of industry, is well aware of the importance of sales lead generation. The more leads you generate the better chance you have of making a sale. And as you know, the more sales you make the more money you earn.
From a sales perspective, things have changed quite a bit over the years. In today’s world, social media lead generation is all the buzz. While some companies have had success in this area, others need as much help as they can get.
Say hello to Socedo.
The tagline on the Socedo homepage says it all:
“Discover new social prospects that match your custom criteria and qualify them via automated engagement.”
You don’t have to look any further than the company’s testimonials to realize that its service has a lot to offer. This blog post isn’t about using Socedo. Instead, we are going to take a close look at its corporate blog.
There is a lot to like about the Socedo corporate blog. It is only natural to believe the company is generating plenty of business by using its own service, but at the same time it has a huge opportunity to do big things with the help of its corporate blog.
It didn’t take long to recognize why the Socedo blog is so strong:
- Content depth. Many companies fall short in this area, but Socedo is not one of them. Most blog posts, even those with titles that leave something to be desired, dive into the finer details. Here is one of the best examples: New Ways to Track ROI from Your Social Lead Gen Efforts. At nearly 1,000 words, this post leaves nothing out. The content dives deep, and even more exciting is the fact that it includes several images.
- Sells the service, but not too hard. It drives me crazy to see wildly popular corporate blogs fall short when it comes to providing high quality content that has the ability to turn readers into customers. The Socedo blog goes far enough to push the envelope, but not so far that readers are scared away. One of the best examples of this can be found here: 6 Social Selling Myths Debunked.
- A little bit of everything. While many posts provide readers with advice, others touch on company news, such as those that announce a new feature. It is this type of variety that keeps people coming back, time after time, while also attracting a larger pool of readers.
What I would Fix
There is a lot to like about the Socedo corporate blog, however, there are a few things I would change.
Blog More, Keep Up the Quality
A quick glance at the past few months shows that the blog is updated somewhere between five and eight times per month. This is solid output, especially when you consider the fact that the quality never lacks.
What Socedo should do is this: up its production to two to three posts per week, or a total of roughly 10 to 12 per month. This is about two times what the company is doing now, so the time commitment would be bigger. That said, the pay off could make it worthwhile.
Grab Some Quotes
The quality of the content and use of images is what makes the Socedo blog stick out. It could easily be taken to the next level by adding quotes from customers every so often.
In my experience, this is a great way to generate interest from prospects that are on the fence. Once they have “social proof” they are more likely to take the leap and give a service or product a try.
Blog on these Topics
These topics may have been covered in some way in the past, but they are definitely worth touching on again. Here are a few sample headlines that would work well:
- Socedo vs. the Competition: Where and Why we Win
- Social Selling Setbacks: Don’t Let the Past Dictate Future Success
- Socedo Success Stories: Will your Company be Next?
Headlines like these are dual purpose. Not only do they attract readers, but they give them a nudge in the right direction. Providing this nudge when a reader is already on the site may be just what it takes to make a sale.
You don’t have to spend days on the Socedo corporate blog to learn more about the company and its industry in general. I am impressed by the fact that the blog has been going strong for more than 18 month, never compromising on quality. By implementing my suggestions above, the Socedo team should be able to reach more people and generate more interest through its blog.